No Billion Dollar Golf Course for Donald Trump?
Posted on December 7, 2007The BBC reports that Donald Trump's ambitious plans to build a billion dollar golfing complex in Aberdeenshire have failed.
The US billionaire wanted to build a golf complex and housing development at the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire.The BBC says Trump has a right to appeal but Senior councillor Martin Ford told the BBC, "There's no possibility that I can see that we can go back to re-discuss an application which has been dealt with. As far as I understand it, it's dead." Poor Mr. Trump.
Senior councillor Martin Ford, who used his casting vote to turn down the plan, told BBC Scotland he was "quite certain" the right decision was made.
Mr Trump has the right to appeal against the decision.
He could also bring new plans forward.
The controversial project had been given outline planning approval, but fell when it came before Aberdeenshire Council's infrastructure committee.